Woodland Star Charter School is a public Waldorf charter school serving families with children from Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. Waldorf education is known as the “head, heart, and hands” school. Our pedagogy and curriculum are based on a child development model that suggests that learning unfolds best when lessons are brought at the right time over the course of the childhood years. The methodology we use incorporates thinking, feeling, and willing in every lesson, integrating rigorous academics and the arts. Our goal is to educate children to become creative thinkers, ready to positively influence the world they have grown to appreciate around them.
Come get to know our program and school community a little better by joining us on one of our tours. You will learn a great deal about our school and it’s community while visiting our classrooms during our main lesson time. Kindergarten families are invited to return for a kindergarten Open House.
Seven reasons to choose Woodland Star Charter School
- Our tuition-free public school offers many programs that have been dropped from mainstream schools—including Spanish, art, movement and music.
- Our Waldorf-methods, arts-integrated curriculum respects and addresses children’s natural development, multiple intelligences and various learning styles.
- Our play-based Kindergarten preserves the wonder of childhood and establishes the foundation for creative thinking.
- Our rigorous upper grades’ academic curriculum builds on students’ capabilities for imaginative thinking, deep feeling and self-confidence that have been nurtured in the early grades.
- Our on-site after school care program provides wholesome activities and recreation in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Our curriculum supports sustainable living, enabling children to gain respect, skills and knowledge appropriate for living consciously on the earth.
- We are a community of families committed to all children, to child-centered education and to one another.